Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Lost - Rediscovering Myself
Ever been in a scenario where you do not seem to be yourself? Over the past 3 years, I find myself totally lost. Yet to do anything that is considered worthwhile, I've not developed myself the way I want it to be. I'm totally lost for words on what has transpired over the course of the past 3 years. Life for me seems to be an endless struggle. Feeling depressed and suicidal at times, I seek refuge in my own cocoon.
What are our goals in life? What desires are there to fulfil? This may seem to be a meaningless post to some but the fact is that I'm feeling now that I'm not the person I used to be. Life back then was living everyday to it's fullest, no worries and everything will be fine.
But over the past few years things have taken a nose-dive and I'm having trouble coping with it. Reading a friend's blog and after getting some advice from some friends i've barely met and not to forget getting meaningful advice from my loved ones, I've come to the conclusion that life is unpredictable and somewhere along the journey we may get side-tracked at times. Do we have willpower to manouvere ourselves out from a potential downfall? There's every bit of a fighter in us and I'd believe that there is a way out for every road block that we face in life. Look on the bright side, there are millions of people just willing to step in our shoes and face the problems that we are faced with. Stuff like physical disability, war, unrest, incurable diseases comes into mind and the problems that I'm faced with now aren't that big afterall. However this does not mean that i count my blessings due to their misfortune. Given a choice I would rather myself having the problems that i'm facing now by ten fold and taking away what they are coming up against in their lives.

If anyone has an idea on how to take my mind off the problems that I'm faced with, feel free to contribute. Your ideas will be gratefully appreciated.

2 comments:

May Leng said...

Everyone gets lost once in a while. No one can bring you out of your cocoon .. Like a butterfly, you need to break thru yourself. Others can only watch from the outside.

Just Me,
May Leng
http://doink-justme.blogspot.com

jane said...

Is really fun to see your sharing. I guest you finally got the secret code of life and be a happy man again.

"Live life to fullest" ;)