Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Training - 2007 Subang Jaya 10km Run

After recovering from my last run, I did my first training to prepare myself for the upcoming Subang Jaya 10km run on 26th August 2007. After such a long lay off I do not expect myself to be in prime condition to do 10km runs daily but instead I will start off with a 3km run every alternative day and gradually increase the distance from 3km to 5km and finally 10km within 2 weeks.

After doing my warm ups.... I started running. I paced myself for the 3km ordeal and huffed and puffed away. By the half way mark of 1.5km, I clocked a 7 minutes 53 seconds split timing. That worked out to about 5 minutes 15 seconds per km. Not good enough as my targeted time to run 10km is within 50 minutes. As hard as I tried, I did put some legs into my run but it only prolonged my ordeal as I did a stop start stop run by the last kilometre.

As I reached the end of the run, a quick check on my stop watch had my 3km run timed at 18 minutes 11 seconds. This meant that i took 6 minutes 3 seconds for every kilometre covered. Sweating profusely and both out of breath and stamina ... it only made me more strong willed for my next training.

Why not join me at the Subang Jaya Run? The run will begin from the MPSJ building and you'll be enjoying the sights of USJ (if I can recall, ithe run covers USJ2,3,4,10,11,12,13 before finishing at the MPSJ building) during the run if you participate. Normal entries are RM10 per head and since it's after the closing date, it's RM20 per entry now. By the way, I have on hand some FREE invitations for the Subang Jaya 10km run from a sponsor. If by any chance you're interested, do contact me.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

good to see you preparing for the run bro...here's wishing you all the best..

YAAAAM SEEEEEENGG....burp!!

KA® said...

jamie: u lazy bum you ...